Narrated by Tia Rider Sorensen
Run Time: 10 hrs and 11 min
Content Warning: Lots of violence. Lots of cursing.
A child goes missing. The motive’s pretty clear cut because the big bad evil oil company who’s illegally dumping shady chemicals into innocent people’s water sources for the sake of the almighty dollar is about to have some legislation that might cramp their money-making style.
- Toss your suspension of disbelief out the window and enjoy the ride.
- This lady is having a really, really bad day. So is her brother. So are her daughters. The sweet innocent one we hardly know and the grumpy teenager.
- The grumpy teenager is probably the most realistic character.
- Jake’s kinda cool.
- The main character’s someone you can sorta root for.
- Content Warning: There are a LOT of curse words in here. Some of them fit the moment, some don’t. Probably about 30+ f-bombs throughout the 10 hr production.
- Plot is crazy ridiculously over the top. You could probably have filled the book with about 3 of these straight up gunfights. They’re well described, but seriously, it’s like North Dakota is now the Wild West. I’m probably missing something but it was like car crash, meeting, gun battle, meeting, gun battle, kidnapping, worry, gun battle, murder, gun battle, are you okay?, more worry, etc.
- I’m really not sure why it’s an omnibus, and I’ll tell you straight out: if I had read just book 0 or just book 1, I would have thrown the book because they don’t really have an ending. I’m not sure the book would even make sense without the prequel. It’s got a LOT of important backstory.
- The ending’s not really satisfying.
- Narration was well-handled.
I’d give the author and narrator another shot. It was typical thriller. Things blow up for 10 hrs straight.
If you want to get 5 clean audio promos a month. Sign up here.
Audiobook Promotions …
Many of my 50 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Free codes are probably on audiobooks unleashed.
Normal links go to audible. *The Amazon labeled links are affiliate links. That means I get a very small payment from Amazon if you go through with a purchase.*
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
There are plenty of UK codes, but not many US ones left.
Redeemer Chronicles (Fantasy)
Awakening – Redeemer Chronicles Book 1, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
The Holy War – Redeemer Chronicles Book 2, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
Reclaim the Darklands – Redeemer Chronicles Book 3, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
River’s Edge Ransom – Prequel to Redeemer Chronicles (Amazon) (email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian. (Amazon) (free codes)
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Amazon) (Please email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift. (Amazon) (free codes)
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma. (Amazon) (free codes)
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother. (Amazon) (free codes)
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble. (Amazon) (free codes)
Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there. (Amazon) (free codes)
Guardian Angel Files:
Spirit’s Bane – Allister and Mina are training to be Guardians. Satan’s out to get them. (Amazon) (free codes)
Kindred Spirits – Mina’s exiled to Earth. Allister’s stuck in the Heavens. (Amazon) (free codes)