Narrated by Daniel Penz
Run Time: 10 hrs and 41 mins
Don Bailino breaks out of prison to protect the woman he loves and her child, who is also his child (a consequence/result of Jaime’s rape).
- Apparently, this is book 2 in a trilogy. Took me about 4 years to finish it. I typically review for a list of clean reads, so when I heard 4 fbombs in the first hour or so, I quit. But I kept it around because I felt it was well written.
- Jamie’s relationship with Bailino is super weird. A touch of Stockholm Syndrome.
- Sound engineering on the book – not quite effects but synthetic treatments to simulate phone calls and the like was excellent.
- The conversations are natural, sometimes crude, often humorous.
- Content Warnings: a lot of curse words; there’s talk about and even memories of a rape that occurred before the book opened
- The conversations between the old mafia guys are crude but hilarious.
- I like that there isn’t always a magic shield on all characters. They can feel pain and even die on occasion … keeps things interesting.
- Narrator was a good pick for the book, even if not all the transitions were completely seamless.
If you can look past crude language and a bit of violence, it’s a decent book.
Audiobook Promotions …
33 of my 36 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Never Again (mystery, suspense) and Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there.
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian.
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Def US codes for this one, but not on AU. Find me on FB)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift.
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma.
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother.
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble.