*could be spoilers ahead
The main character looks in a mirror and sees a strange version of himself or herself. College is sort of a drag. Until the weird shadow version of yourself pulls you into the mirror and you land at Penderghast College.
- The book had a nice balance between classes, new spells, budding romances, frivolous school things, and building friendships. And mortal danger for the MC.
- This round, Pixelberry asked what your MC would be into from the beginning. I found that interesting. Usually, the love interests are chosen through the choices. And pretty much in most of the stories you could romance everybody.
- You’re introduced to a gang of sidekicks, two ladies and two guys. But Aster’s not really a full part of the crew this game.
- I think the stakes this round were just right. The bad guy’s after the MC for a reason.
- The beginning chapters worked out fine, but I really loved the ending chapters. There’s danger and action and you finally get to use those lovely spells you’re supposed to be hording throughout the game.
- The frog turned out to be a decent companion.
It’s always expensive to play games where you have to collect something like mystery clues. I’m also a sucker for pets. I settled for a frog knockoff the first round, but second round, I may choose the seahorse looking one. I think the series probably has some replay value.
Associate links to follow…
Available Audiobooks: I have free codes for almost everything.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.
5 Steps to Surviving Chemistry – A primer for chemistry students. Breaks down concepts into simple terms.
5 Steps to Better Blurbs – A book for writers looking to improve their book descriptions