*Will contain mild spoilers
One of your friends went missing a few years ago. The MC is a high school kid. Some very weird stuff begins happening. Oddly, some of the things are “good” for you or one of your friends.
- I really loved the character I created. I forget what I named her though.
- The concept of nerve was interesting. Basically, you start scared to death and gradually build up your nerve through various conversations and actions.
- This definitely fits the horror genre. There are some gross things that happen.
- The flashback scenes are adorable.
- Don’t remember much about the side characters, but they are okay. I do remember there being a tough girl, a basketball star, a popular girl, etc. I think they tried to represent most of the cliques. Jocelyn wasn’t a main side character, but I do like her character development.
- I didn’t like the ending choices. Probably the reason it got 3 instead of 4 stars.
The lore set up here wasn’t their best, but it wasn’t the worst either. I enjoyed bits and pieces of the story. And I really liked the sequel.
Associate links to follow…
Available Audiobooks: I have free codes for almost everything.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.
5 Steps to Surviving Chemistry – A primer for chemistry students. Breaks down concepts into simple terms.
5 Steps to Better Blurbs – A book for writers looking to improve their book descriptions