Narrated by Katherine Anderson
*spoilers possible in discussion
Essentially a long sequel to Pride and Prejudice. Imagine the book didn’t wrap up and just continued for another 14 hours’ worth of material.
- Because it’s written in the same style as Jane Austen’s work, it takes a while for me to wrap my head around the circumspect language.
- It could have been way shorter if it focused on Darcy and Elizabeth, but it expanded into several of Darcy’s cousins. I didn’t even know the man had that many cousins. Maybe he didn’t. I don’t remember enough about the original work.
- This is essentially well-researched, legal fanfiction.
- It’s definitely not as fun as other spinoffs like Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies, but that’s because it took the serious road.
- Not sure how or why Pride and Prejudice sparked so many cult-like followers, but seeing as they make a great market, this story should do well. I remember it being the least painful of the junk they made me read in high school, but I didn’t take to reading it every year or watching every iteration of it on TV.
- Really don’t know what the Secrets part of the title referred to. More like part II.
- Hands-down my favorite side story featured Wickham. Going into the book, I decided that unless the man got punched, the book would have royally failed me. Well, that didn’t happen, but I did enjoy the sections, (especially his chat with his new uncle.)
If you’re a fan of Pride and Prejudice, and not a purist who believes the work lives and dies with the original author, you’ll probably enjoy this story.
Associate links to follow…
Available Audiobooks: I have free codes for almost everything.
New Release: Money Makes it Deadlier – a FBI agent gets caught up in a bank robbery.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.
5 Steps to Surviving Chemistry – A primer for chemistry students. Breaks down concepts into simple terms.
5 Steps to Better Blurbs – A book for writers looking to improve their book descriptions