(Pegasus Quincy Book 3 by Lakota Grace)
Narrated by Amy Otteson
Peg Quincy’s caught a new case. A barn burns down on a horse ranch and the foreman’s dead. Shepard Malone’s Peg’s partner of sorts, but he’s distracted by a personal case against a reckless driver. Translation: he’s no help to her.
- Peg also has a case of feuding neighbors on the warpath over water rights. Water’s not a typical problem where I’m from, but it’s nice to see what plagues other parts of the country.
- I liked how there were multiple facets to the case. Some things intertwined, while others were their own issues.
- There are still occasions where Peg makes illogical choices that nearly get her killed. But to balance such, there are also many instances of her being an everyday hero. That’s cool.
- Title doesn’t make much sense to me, but I guess it fits the series.
- Amy Otteson’s performance is decent. Her range of side character voices is a tad limited, but the editing this round seemed better. Peg and Shepard are distinct and unique. It might be just because this is the third in the series, but I do believe her voice fits Peg’s character perfectly. She also has a nice way of reading.
- A few incidents stand out as way more exciting than usual day-to-day occurrences for the main character. Won’t say them here even though if you read enough of the reviews, you can probably gather them. Their inclusion didn’t quite move the whole story to the action-packed category, but it did liven things up.
- Peg still doesn’t have her life in order, but I suppose that makes her more realistic.
Peg Quincy’s adventures are worth watching.
Check Out My Audiobooks:
I have free codes for almost everything.
New Release: Money Makes it Deadlier – FBI agent in Hawaii takes on a shadowy government organization.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.
5 Steps to Surviving Chemistry – A primer for chemistry students. Breaks down concepts into simple terms.
5 Steps to Better Blurbs – A book for writers looking to improve their book descriptions