It’s happened: zombie apocalypse. You and your sister live in a tower. You have for much of your young life. But now you’re a young adult and you want to spread your little proverbial wings and fly. But you can’t keep your mouth shut about injustices you see. And the guy who runs the tower is kind of a homicidal jerk.
- I named my sister Pria. (I’m not sure if that was the default name or not.)
- My character’s name was Miranda.
- This story started really strong with some great twists and turns. I think it’s about 21 chs. I’d say 15 of them are excellent and the remainder have the distinct feel of filler material. The end didn’t strike me as something satisfying enough to warrant 5 stars across the board.
- It’s open enough to allow for a sequel if they so desire.
- The side characters ran the standard wide-eyed naïve to inventive and sweet to nerdy to outright hostile.
- I enjoyed the hard choices aspect. There were literally choices that were no-win. You only got 2 choices and they were both terrible. Not sure why I found that appealing. Maybe it lent a smidge of realism to an otherwise ridiculous escapism zombie story.
- Humph, I didn’t get to adopt a cute pet. (I guess I was too busy adopting lost souls.)
- This one’s marked mature, but it’s mostly because of the gruesome aspects of killing zombies that are trying to rip your face off. There is a fair amount of sex if you seek it out, but it’s pretty clear where and when those instances crop up if you wish to avoid.
Starts strong, meanders a bit, starts to end well, ends okay. Worth trying if you like zombie things.
If you want to get 5 clean audio promos a month. Sign up here.
Have You Tried Kindle Vella Yet?
Christmas Shorts – (Mystery, thriller, Christian, suspense; Ongoing; story 1 is complete) Only one story right now, but will be a collection of short stories with characters from across my series. Typically, FBI agents with personal drama. Might feature an abundance of cute puppies.
Assassin School Season 1 – (thriller, YA; Complete) Teen spies try to survive the rigorous training and other drama as powerful people battle to control the Ghost children.
The Minder Project Season 1 – (scifi, genetic engineering, superpowers; shares characters with Dustin’s Decision, Updated Wednesdays) The government gave her genetic Gifts. Now, it wants what it paid for from the program.
Dustin’s Decision Devya’s Children Book 5 – (YA scifi, shares characters with The Minder Project; Complete) Genetically altered teens struggle to navigate the murky world and control their Gifts.
Aeris Legends – Wrath and War (LitRPG, gaming, fantasy) This takes a box-of-chocolate approach to providing lore entries (creatures, quest descriptions, game mechanics) and short stories for a fantasy world.
Earth’s Melody – A Light Scifi Romantic Comedy Donatella Velargo, an actress on the run, must choose between anonymity and a desperate (handsome) rebel’s cause to save his sister and his planet.
Trials, Tribulations, and Trust Issues (Superheros, superpowers) A young woman who can access almost any superpower gets manipulated into testing them for the government.