Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Joe Keery, and Taika Waititi
It’s a bit like Edge of Tomorrow meets Leverage meets Inception meets a guy having an existential crisis. There are several layers to the movie. It attempts to find the balance between telling a fun story and a meaningful story. Mostly, it succeeds, but there are some jokes that fall incredibly flat. Okay, so there are a lot of jokes that fall flat.
- The movie is a very odd mix of colorful characters.
- There’s an inner and an outer story, which can be a lot of fun. They found a decent balance between the two. In the inner story, Guy is an NPC (Non Playable Character) in a video game called Free City. In the outer story, a woman is trying to prove that the guy who runs free city, stole her AI system to do it. The guy who helped her build that system now works for the jerk that stole the work.
- I’m not a huge Ryan Reynolds fan, but he fits the character guy pretty well. And the movie was well done over all.
- I enjoyed the fact that you could take the movie as a superficial fluff piece or as a deeper, more complex study of the meaning of life.
- The bad guy in the outer story is over-the-top, money hungry.
- The outer story love angle was cute. Predictable but cute.
- The deal at the end sort of doesn’t make sense, but whatever. Probably their bid for a sequel.
Not exactly a movie I would see a dozen times, but well-worth the effort to watch.
If you want to get 5 clean audio promos a month. Sign up here.
Audiobook Promotions …
Many of my 55 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Free codes are probably on audiobooks unleashed.
Normal links go to audible. *The Amazon labeled links are affiliate links. That means I get a very small payment from Amazon if you go through with a purchase.*
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
There are plenty of UK codes, but not many US ones left.
Redeemer Chronicles (Fantasy)
Awakening – Redeemer Chronicles Book 1, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
The Holy War – Redeemer Chronicles Book 2, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
Reclaim the Darklands – Redeemer Chronicles Book 3, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
River’s Edge Ransom – Prequel to Redeemer Chronicles (Amazon) (email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian. (Amazon) (free codes)
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Amazon) (Please email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift. (Amazon) (free codes)
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma. (Amazon) (free codes)
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother. (Amazon) (free codes)
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble. (Amazon) (free codes)
Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there. (Amazon) (free codes)
Guardian Angel Files:
Spirit’s Bane – Allister and Mina are training to be Guardians. Satan’s out to get them. (Amazon) (free codes)
Kindred Spirits – Mina’s exiled to Earth. Allister’s stuck in the Heavens. (Amazon) (free codes)