Read by Deborah Greenfield
Run time: 7 hrs and 54 minutes
An admiral washes up dead wearing inappropriate attire and pretty much everybody’s wondering whodunit.
- Dr. Alexandra Gladstone wants to run an autopsy, but the local constable seems dead set against the idea.
- Characters 4.5/5 stars: Charming cast that revolves around a curious doctor, a literal nosy Nancy, an angry young man, a quiet victim, and an intrepid barrister
- Plot 3.5/5: It kind of meanders. It’s not bad in audio form, but I can see it being annoying to read. There’s not much action.
- Performance 4/5: Characters are distinguishable.
- Mystery’s conclusion 4.5/5: Typical but satisfactory.
- I added a random half point because no matter how slowly a story unfolds, a satisfying end can erase many wrongs.
I didn’t read book 1 and didn’t really need to. It’s a standalone mystery with interesting characters.
33 of my 34 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Never Again (mystery, suspense) and Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there.
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian.
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift.
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma.
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother.
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble.