Narrated by Jessica Caruso
Hope’s marriage to an outlaw gives her some serious trust issues. She’s not a fan of the idea of another marriage of convenience, but if she’s going to get through the Oregon Train, she needs to stay with the wagon train…and that requires a husband.
- I’m surprised Hopes not super jaded, having grown up in an orphanage.
- Daniel’s relationship with his first wife isn’t given enough time to make the uber devotion to her seem real. But I think the books are too short for that kind of character development to truly take root. These are quick, clean reads.
- I liked Daniel’s father and the servant. Didn’t get to learn much about the servant and her husband, but they seemed like good, solid people.
- The dangers of the Oregon Trail are glossed over a bit.
- The relationship of Daniel and Hope is predictable but still satisfying. Hopes trust issues had a realistic origin.
- Her first husband could have used some more redeeming qualities. It would be a different kind of book if it took the more realistic stance on consummating the marriage, I guess.
Quick, clean wholesome historical romance.
These are my books. I have free codes for almost everything.
New Release: Shadow Council Books 1-4. FBI Special Agent Megan Luchek finds several different kinds of trouble from Hawaii to Pennsylvania and back again.
New Release: Fatal Interest. Miranda Kale doesn’t believe in ghosts … until one sends her on a crazy case at a private school.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.
5 Steps to Surviving Chemistry – A primer for chemistry students. Breaks down concepts into simple terms.
5 Steps to Better Blurbs – A book for writers looking to improve their book descriptions