Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi are dispatched to a backwater planet to figure out who’s trying to sabotage the setup for a royal coronation.
- The story contains a fair number of flashbacks that don’t add all that much.
- It’s an okay story, but I expected better. Maybe I just have delusions from memories of the old school EU stories. I have not tried all that many, but the few I have disappoint with surprising regularity.
- Fanrie (sorry, I heard the audiobook) and Jedi Rael had a lot of potential as side characters, but they’re not developed enough.
- Audiobook performance 4.5/5: I love the narrator. Jonathan Davis always puts in a solid performance. Just wish the man had more to work with this round.
- The not-so-subtle side messages about the evils of big corporations is tedious.
- Side note: who wrote that book description? It’s kind of awful. Most people are gonna buy it just because it’s Star Wars, but they could at least take the time to write a compelling blurb.
- It’ll sell well because it says Star Wars. Many who remember the old EU are gonna denounce it as lite trash. Those only into the new stuff are going to enjoy the tie ins to other books.
- Story seemed to spin its way to nowhere for a large chunk of the middle
- There’s a big “twist” at the end that works but isn’t that satisfying.
It only gets the rating it does because I really like the narrator. Story itself is sadly forgettable.
Associate links to follow…
Available Audiobooks: I have free codes for almost everything.
New Release: Money Makes it Deadlier – a FBI agent gets caught up in a bank robbery.
The Collins Case – 2 FBI agents track down a kidnapped family. Kid friendly.
If fantasy’s more your thing, go Redeemer Chronicles. The first, Awakening, is available as an audiobook.
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – a kid deals with her parents’ divorce, bullies, and the wonder of discovery.
Try The Dark Side of Science – Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live.
Beyond Broken Pencils – Contemporary literary tale of a school shooting. Ian unleashes his inner demons on his classmates and teachers…
Scratched Off – FBI agent vs a serial killer. When Sam Kerman sets out to hunt a serial killer, he has no idea how personal the case will become.
5 Steps to Surviving Chemistry – A primer for chemistry students. Breaks down concepts into simple terms.
5 Steps to Better Blurbs – A book for writers looking to improve their book descriptions