Narrated by Tom Jordan
Two love stories woven into one. Present tale: A girl isn’t quite sure she wants to commit to the perfect guy because his grandmother suddenly becomes a part of the picture. Past tale: An Italian girl meets an America GI in the winddown and aftermath of WWII.
- I’m not a huge fan of stories that bounce from the present to the past, but this was pretty well-done.
- Choosing a male narrator for the book is a pretty bold move, but Tom Jordan did a lovely job with it.
- Characters 4/5: They’re pretty well fleshed out, but I don’t remember their names. Dante’s the dog in the past story. That much I remember because the title didn’t make much sense until the last third of the story. I remember liking the BFF of the present day female lead.
- The cover’s a bit busy, but it makes sense later.
- Conflicts 3.5/5: The romantic conflicts aren’t that mind blowing, but they work.
A worthwhile romance to listen to any time.
Associate links to follow…
(If you click through and buy something, there’s the chance I’ll earn like $0.04 … not kidding, that’s basically it.)
Audible – If you’d like some free codes, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests for any of my works.
Want more mystery and romance? Check out The Collins Case.