You get to play as a young witch or wizard in the Harry Potter world. It’s a long, drawn out adventure story. I have been playing for a few weeks now. It’s fun but there are certainly annoying points.
- Pro: Graphics are beautiful.
- Con: Load times are annoying.
- Neutral: If you’re willing to watch a bajillion of the same ads, you can earn energy.
- Ah, energy. It’s probably the sorest point. That’s how they make their money. It takes 4 minutes to get 1 energy, but they will happily give you 3 from time to time if you watch an ad. Those are a sanity and life-saver. I get that they need to make money off the game, but 4 minutes is excessively long when it takes about 30 energy for an hour long quest, 60 for a 3 hour quest and about 100 for an 8 hour quest.
- Between ads and bonuses you can find every few hours throughout the castle, you should be able to complete a few quests a day.
- Con: Certain story quests lock you in until it’s finished. Most, you can come and go as you please to pick up extra energy, feed a pet, or work on your friendships.
- Pro: Year 3 features study with a friend. This is an amazing boost to your friendships.
- Neutral: Meal with a friend is okay for building friendships, but they don’t give you a lot of experience and there is a 6-hour cooldown between instances. I’d starve if I went to this school. Playing gobstones gives more XP for building friendships. You kind of have to advance friendships if you want your friends to help you on your crazy quest to find your missing brother.
- Pro: Most of the answers to quests are available online. Not sure how I’d have made it without those walkthroughs. Major thanks to those who painstakingly put the lists together.
- The story itself is fine, but it’s a little drawn out for the sake of prolonging the game. For example, I’m trying to get the lady in the Three Broomsticks to give me my brother’s quill. She’s using me as an errand girl. At least the collection quests are short so far.
- Quiddich is fun. I like the game mechanics. You have to move the cursor into the spheres when it reaches the green part. The quest to join the quidditch team for your house is kind of annoying though. Orion’s a jerk.
- Con: I’ve had major connectivity issues. I’m not sure if the blame rests with Jam City (game maker) or Facebook or what, but it still stinks. Thank goodness for Youtube videos that tell you how to preserve a game. Even if it’s FB’s fault, I highly recommend connecting your game. I’ve been restarted twice and gotten my game back through the method in this video.
- I played ages ago, but I quit because the dueling annoyed me.
- Dueling is now possible against other players. It’s a lot more fun that way.
- They’ve also done a lot more work with events. Timed quests can be annoying, but they’re possible if you plan carefully. In that sense, it is a bit of a strategy game.
It’s not bad for a phone game. A little tedious at points (okay, a lot tedious), but still fun.
If you want to get 5 clean audio promos a month. Sign up here.
Audiobook Promotions …
Many of my 50 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Free codes are probably on audiobooks unleashed.
Normal links go to audible. *The Amazon labeled links are affiliate links. That means I get a very small payment from Amazon if you go through with a purchase.*
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
There are plenty of UK codes, but not many US ones left.
Redeemer Chronicles (Fantasy)
Awakening – Redeemer Chronicles Book 1, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
The Holy War – Redeemer Chronicles Book 2, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
Reclaim the Darklands – Redeemer Chronicles Book 3, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
River’s Edge Ransom – Prequel to Redeemer Chronicles (Amazon) (email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian. (Amazon) (free codes)
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Amazon) (Please email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift. (Amazon) (free codes)
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma. (Amazon) (free codes)
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother. (Amazon) (free codes)
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble. (Amazon) (free codes)
Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there. (Amazon) (free codes)
Guardian Angel Files:
Spirit’s Bane – Allister and Mina are training to be Guardians. Satan’s out to get them. (Amazon) (free codes)
Kindred Spirits – Mina’s exiled to Earth. Allister’s stuck in the Heavens. (Amazon) (free codes)