Narrated by Kathleen Li
Run Time: 3 hrs and 25 mins
This book covers some of the basic conflicts and choices leaders face and goes through a case study on each.
- This is a good overview of the types of problems people face when they have high pressure jobs. Do you pay attention to family or marry the job? Do you focus on fixing one slacker or spread your attention for the good of the team as a whole? Do you go with a top-down approach and rain directives from on high or go with a bottom-up approach and fix the bottom, hoping it’ll work its way up from there?
- Not all books translate well to audiobook. I think this is one such book. You can get a pdf of the worksheets, which is fine, but since not everybody’s going to have all 8 of the paradoxes, it would probably be easiest to have a paperback and be able to flip to the one you need to cover.
- The reading by Kathleen Li is clear and articulate. Can’t speak much to pacing because I played it faster than normal speech.
- The book kind of comes across as a big ad for the author’s business. Many books are and this is a fine tactic, but if I had to hear about the “proprietary”, Re4 coaching model one more time, I was gonna chuck the book.
- Pros: it’s a straightforward book.
- Cons: it’s a repetitive book. A choice was made to include the backmatter, which involved the people’s answers to the questionnaire. I’d rather that have been in the heart of the book and then be given the author’s commentary, analysis, and happy-ending news. As is, the entire book wraps up and then we get to hear what the people actually answered, which is almost identical to the summary provided within the text. The positioning makes it lose pretty much all power.
A solid overview of some problems faced by modern leaders.
Audiobook Promotions …
Many of my 50 audible titles are listed on Audiobooks Unleashed.
Whether you’re looking for mystery or suspense or fantasy, I’ve got a title for you. Free codes are probably on audiobooks unleashed.
Normal links go to audible. *The Amazon labeled links are affiliate links. That means I get a very small payment from Amazon if you go through with a purchase.*
Note: Filter by US if you’re looking for those codes as many titles are out.
Ones I think may still have US codes: Reshner’s Royal Ranger, Never Again, Innova, The Golden City Captives, The Holy War, Reclaim the Darklands, Eagle Eyes, Treachery Makes it Tense, Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts, The Dark Side of Science, Ashlynn’s Dreams, Nadia’s Tears, Malia’s Miracles, and Varick’s Quest
There are plenty of UK codes, but not many US ones left.
Redeemer Chronicles (Fantasy)
Awakening – Redeemer Chronicles Book 1, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
The Holy War – Redeemer Chronicles Book 2, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
Reclaim the Darklands – Redeemer Chronicles Book 3, MG fantasy (Amazon) (free codes)
River’s Edge Ransom – Prequel to Redeemer Chronicles (Amazon) (email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Devya’s Children Series Links:
Ashlynn’s Dreams Shorts – short stories featuring Jillian. (Amazon) (free codes)
The Dark Side of Science – official prequel to Devya’s Children; Genetically altered kids fight for the right to live. (Amazon) (Please email devyaschildren @ gmail.com for free codes)
Ashlynn’s Dreams – Genetically altered Dream Shaper learns her gift. (Amazon) (free codes)
Nadia’s Tears – Jillian tries to awaken her sister, Nadia, from a coma. (Amazon) (free codes)
Malia’s Miracles – Jillian and her siblings try to save a friend’s mother. (Amazon) (free codes)
Varick’s Quest – Jillian and Danielle get kidnapped. Nadia’s also in trouble. (Amazon) (free codes)
Reshner’s Royal Ranger (epic sci-fi) just made it there. (Amazon) (free codes)
Guardian Angel Files:
Spirit’s Bane – Allister and Mina are training to be Guardians. Satan’s out to get them. (Amazon) (free codes)
Kindred Spirits – Mina’s exiled to Earth. Allister’s stuck in the Heavens. (Amazon) (free codes)