Spoilers, definitely spoilers
If you’re not a fan of the game it probably doesn’t make much sense. Following the characters is a tad hard because you can’t readily tell who is who from the start. I still can’t tell you the name of the baby mage. There’s a heck of a lot of CGI. That makes it look a tad hokey, but most special effects work nicely. I especially like the magic spells, including teleportation.
Sorry, my spellings are probably gonna be atrocious here.
– Durotan and his pregnant wife are first characters seen. Orc clans are gathered. Prisoners used for opening portal. First thing is a baby born? Healing by blood magic. That’s weird.
– Switch to Ironforge to get a message. Switch to Stormwind. Mage is a captive. Wants to examine a body. Tells dude in charge to summon a guardian. Can’t tell his name. It is a darn good thing they label things.
– Horde busy sacking villagers.
– Anduin Lothar climbs a ton of steps to meet the Guardian, Medivh
– Boy mage wanders the library and finds a magic book. Powers nicely done. Barrier.
– Gorona? Orcs aren’t from this world. Taking prisoners to open the portal to bring the horde.
– The orcs shoot the breeze. Need to defeat Goldan. Wants to run a coup with the humans help.
– Gorona to lead them to the horde. Her name means cursed.
– Brief glimpse of Dalaran. Yay.
– Durotan tells them of his intentions… wants to meet the king.
– The queen gives Gorona a dagger to protect herself from danger.
– Guardian burns the kid’s research. Tells him to protect the king.
– The orcs were summoned from the Azeroth side of the gate.
– Durotan and Lothar meet. Guardian watches.
– King Llane wants king to attack the camp in two days.
– Guardian calls down a lightning storm. Lothar’s son is on the wrong side. Callen killed in front of Lothar. Guardian has green eyes.
– Durotan called out as a traitor.
– Gorona is afraid that Lothar will hate her. The guardian has a heart to heart with her. Gives her a blue magic flower and teleportation to somewhere. Still not sure what the blue flower was about.
– Lothar wants them to fight. Medivh returns and speaks to the council. He gets himself thrown in jail. Lothar tells Gorona to not trust Medivh.
– Mage turns the guard to a sheep. Ha, I do remember loving that spell. Recruits Lothar to kill a demon.
– Baby mage (Khadgar – that is NOT clear in the movie even thought he probably says his name several times) kills the demon.
– Lothar tries to bring back the kings body. Ends up in a duel with a new baddie.
– Baby orc is adorable.
– I like the map. Very pretty. Table map.
– music by guy who does game of thrones.
– The giant battle was nicely done.
– Gryphons are cool.
It’s no Lord of the Rings, but the movie is surprisingly entertaining. The plot’s fairly complicated. The end and the beginning have a nice symmetry.
Associate links to follow…
(If you click through and buy something, there’s the chance I’ll earn like $0.04 … not kidding, that’s basically it.)