The entire movie is pretty much an excuse to re-explore the Harry Potter world in movie form.
– The mole/ platypus thing likes shiny stuff. Nice. He’s kind of cute.
– Case switch super predictable.
– American magic community sounds out of sorts. Interesting to get that glimpse of the difference. Americans would be ornery.
– Choice to keep the guy as a witness doesn’t make much sense. I get why they needed him for the sake of having an excuse to explain everything, but the plot threads to include him are super thin.
– I like the lady’s sister, Queenie Goldstein. She definitely needs to get out more. Cooking with magic is awesome. She looks like Keira Knightly.
– Leaflet crew is creepy, not sure if that’s on purpose or not.
– Colin Firth’s character is creepy. He’s probably supposed to be.
– I love Frank.
– Newt – I annoy people. Ha. Eddie Redmayne isn’t my favorite actor, but this might be my favorite movie of his.
– The rhino thing mating imitation is amusing.
– The names are a tad hard to follow. Creepy kid is Credence. Tina is the disgraced aura.
Not going to become one of my favorite movies ever, but it was worth seeing once. I will certainly go to see the sequel in theaters when it releases.
Associate links to follow…
(If you click through and buy something, there’s the chance I’ll earn like $0.04 … not kidding, that’s basically it.)
Try Spirit’s Bane.